To vote on the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
To watch the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
As a user, I would like to have a project storage, so that I can keep document that do not pertain to a specific issue in it.
I. BASIC OPERATIONS:
- Toggle to enable / disable project storage per project. Available to the project administrator and Jira administrator.
- Add/edit/delete document actions.
- Bulk upload of documents and folders into the project storage.
- Bulk download of specific documents from the project storage.
- Upload of documents into the space storage from the issue by dragging onto the project storage. Opening of the form for selecting the folder in the project storage for document upload.
- The Move to project storage action which allows moving documents from issues to the project storage.
- Support for the Edit in Office action for Office documents.
II. DOCUMENT TRACEABILITY:
- Ability to reference files from the project storage in comments and issue descriptions.
- Ability to reference files from the project storage in issues.
- Support for linking documents from other project storages.
- Display of information about issues where a specific document is referenced in the project storage.
- Removal of the linked document in the issue does not remove the document in the project storage.
III. ADDITIONAL AUGMENTATIONS:
- Support for metadata fields for documents in the project storages (labels). Search mechanism to look up for documents against one or multiple metadata fields.
- Display of gadgets showing the recently uploaded documents to the specific project storages.
- Download of documents from the gadget.
- Display of the document revision. Support of manual entry of the document revision by users. Automatic incrementation of document revisions to the uploaded documents.
- Marking documents as 'Active'/'Inactive', which regulates an ability to link document to issues.
- Independent layer of permissions for operations in the project storage.
- Setting permissions for users/user groups/project roles:
- viewing project storage
- upload of new documents (revisions)
- removal of documents (revisions)